Some of you may be experiencing problems commenting (I know I am). Plus there are also a lot of duplicate comments showing up, and I’m, pretty sure that you aren’t writing your comment twice.
Anyway, I raised a ticket over the issue and here’s what they suggested so far. This relates more to when you have trouble enterig a comment, and especially of you have been made to enter a WV, which TypePad calls CAPTCHA
What kinds of comments trigger the CAPTCHA?
Comments that meet the following criteria will trigger the CAPTCHA:
- If the comment is posted to a weblog post that is more than 30 days old
- If the comment was submitted too quickly after a previous comment from the same IP address and triggers a throttle
- If the comment contains more than three URLs in the comment body
- If information submitted with the comment matches TypePad’s comment spam blacklist
- If the comment is posted in a definitely different language from that set for the weblog
- If the comment was submitted from an open proxy
Not sure if this helps anyone, but I’ll pass it along anyway.
This has nothing to do with all the duplicate comments (which is what I raised the ticket about), that’s another issue that they are trying to sort out. TP seems to be hanging when you hit ‘publish’ for a comment, and those of you with broadband tend to hit it again, so it publishes it twice. I’m not singling the broadband users out, it’s just that we dial up people are used to delays so we don’t notice it so much and just sit and wait until it finishes(the story of our lives).
Update*** I just got this from the TypePad Status site (you can subscribe just like a normal blog)
Users may experience slowness while commenting due to high load. We’re
working to alleviate this problem currently. We apologize for any
inconvenience. TypePad Blogs – Blogs are up. TypeKey – TypeKey is up.
Filed under: Web/Tech |