Of all the awards in all the blogoshpere, this one has to come in to the "Dingo’s got My Barbie" (apologies to H. Bogart).
Thank you Swampy, and I suspect there may be more of you to thank later. My readers (yes I mean you) are a rather witty bunch of individuals and I suspect that I’ll be nominated again out of sheer perversity. In the past I have griped about not being brought into the fold and awarded whatever the current award was, and for the most part I’ve be vilified publicly and privately (mostly privately and sometimes anonymously), but still didn’t get awarded. I think that it might have had something to do with he whole "Hey you darned women, I’m the best there is, give me a goddamn award too!" approach not being all that effective.
So this time I accepted the fact that those who were nominated actually deserved it (something that I still believe), and that just this once, I didn’t qualify. I was happy about missing out on this honour not because I stood up to pee, but because I’m about as shallow as a petri dish, and I can live with that. So of course now I get nominated!
Ok now for some housekeeping:
The rules for accepting this award are:
1) If you get tagged, write a post with links to five (5) blogs that make you think.
2) Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact location of the MeMe.
3) Optional: Proudly display the Thinking Blogger Award with a link to the post that you wrote.
1) Ok, so I guess this is the post and these must be my five nominations:
- Marnie, the very first person to ever comment on my blog, and someone who always makes me laugh.
- Melissa, talk about snarky! but she needs the traffic since she stopped blogging a while ago and the numbers dropped of.
- Mark, because like me he doesn’t like to be thought of as a thinker and I’d like to see his response.
- Simply Jen, a relative newbie but writes some good stuff and she could use some support.
- Heather, one of the most profound writers I’ve come across. You won’t find glibness, but theres plenty of thought provoking going on.
(Obviously there are many more, in fact every blog I read regularly (I wouldn’t read them if they were fluff) but most of the ones I could have picked have already been nominated so I tried to pick the award virgins.) Anyone know the rules on grammar? Is it like maths where you can nest parentheses? If not ignore the innermost set in that last soliloquy.
3) Huh? Link to this post? Oh I get it, put the award in the sidebar…see I told you I wasn’t a thinker!
Filed under: Weblogs |