Welcome to this month’s scheduled Dingo Award ceremony.
The battle for this prestigious prize raged throughout the month, with at least five votes being registered by mid August! Then towards the end of the month, when I told people that voting had been open for almost three weeks, and left a trail of breadcrumbs to the polling booth, things really hotted up and eventually produced a clear winner.
It is with some glee that I announce that this month’s winner is non other than that siren of snark, that termagant of terse, that virago of vitriol, the matron of mean herself, Robin from Pensieve! Come on let’s give it up for Robin!
With a massive 33% of the total vote, Robin is clearly a worthy winner. Yet despite this convincing win, Robin was initially surprised that she was even in the running: “HOLD THE PRESSES YOU MUTHA! I’m in the VOTING for one of these things???????” After being informed that she was indeed in the running, in her usual tactful manner, she accused me of cheating : “BTW, are you stuffin’ the ballot box?” However, when I replied that she was winning completely on her own merits, she replied, “I’ll get you my pretty! Bwwwaaaahaha!”
I really can’t understand why Robin would be so surprised that she was in the running for this award, after all she has always been so supportive of me in the past:
- You never cease to amaze me…37 comments (including mine) for THIS piece of crap nothing???!!
- Hey……..I cannot. Believe. This topic. Originated with you. it’s just so…so…ummmm, such a woman thing? It’s cause you’re a rockin’ girl blogger, isn’t it?
- This is your most boring comment section EVAH! Then, again, it wasn’t exactly your most interesting OR entertaining post, either.
- Would you like some cheese with your w(h)ine?
- On the first part of your post, “la la la, white noise, white noise”
- Do I win a prize for the BEST comment EVAH for the Lamest Post evah???
- Clearly you will stop at NOTHING just to get a few people to comment to your blog. Sheesh…the nerve!
It’s not just me who has been fortunate enough to receive Robin’s encouragement:
- Swampy, those aren’t words, those are L.E.T.T.E.R.S..
- OH MY WORD! Melissa has MAN HANDS!
- Thank you, Min, for winning this prize so the rest of us wouldn’t have to. (not so fast Robin)
Of course, then there’s her helpful suggestions to improve my blog:
- Can we watch you boil a pot of water next?
Always delivered in such a caring manner:
- Getchur butt up earlier and get a decent picture of a foggy morning!
I admit there have been times that I have tested her patience a little:
- Hmmph…hands on hips, bottom lip poked out. The Southern Belle wants to bit$*smack the Aussie.
Then there was the time when simply being snarky just wasn’t enough, and she decided to sabotage my blog:
- Hey…remember when you accidentally forgot to close the italics on a comment you wrote at my blog a while back and the rest of the comments were italicized? I think I’ll do that <i>now 😉 (and she did)
But at the end of the day Robin is a nice person who is happy with her life:
- Maybe my boring-in-comparison-to-Willowtree’s life ain’t so bad after all….
That is until she realises the reality of her situation:
- Dang it…I forgot I wasn’t in Disney World anymore….
Now you might think that a significant amount of effort was required to glean these cut and paste examples of Robin’s comments from the hundreds she has left over the past year, but in fact I only had to go back over a few weeks (and she was away for two of them). Also, each dot was from a different comment.
Once again Robin, congratulations on your award, you definitely deserve it!
Update** I assumed that everyone would know the history, but then I realised that may not be the case, so just to set the record straight, Robin is one of my oldest and best blog friends. She has been a constant and humorous supporter of my blog since virtually the beginning, and I wouldn’t want her to change a thing.
Filed under: Awards |