Welcome to the September 2007 Dingo Award Ceremony.
**Important notice! If this post shows up in your reader, don’t be fooled, it’s not a new post, I’ve just moved the award down a little bit so that you don’t see it when you get to end of the Fun Monday post. I don’t want all them Fun Monday people seeing it and wanting one of their own, the Dingo™ is far too prestigious to be handed out willy nilly!
There’s been altogether too much sugary sweetness in my last few posts, so much so that I’m feeling positively hyperglycemic (if you don’t know what that is, its the opposite of hypoglycemic, that was helpful wasn’t it), so now it’s time for a shot of insulin before I expire from cuteness overload. And here it is.
For those of you who read the comments I get here at ADGMB, and have been following the voting over the past month, it would come as no surprise to find that the winner of this month’s Dingo award goes to none other than Mark of Dirty Uncle Mark fame. Mark was by far the most decisive win we’ve seen here at ADGMB since polling began. With a massive 67% of the total votes, DUM left the competition in his wake.
I’m not really sure how he managed to end up so far ahead of the field. It may have been his pure obnoxiousness in ignoring the content of every post written in the past month in favour of coming up a comment that sought to deride the author by categorising every post, rather than actually commenting on the post itself, or it may have been his desperate attempts to swing the votes towards Melissa, his nearest rival. But more likely it’s because I voted for him every couple of days, but even without my help he would have been a clear winner as he was 56 votes ahead of his nearest competitor.
If you were surprised at Mark winning this
dubious prestigious honour, all I can say is "You wouldn’t be if you extracted your cranium from your rectum long enough to read some of his efforts" and here are just a few…
- "I think the 500 posts break down as follows:
2 – (as pointed out by Melissa) of your naked body and creamy white thighs 5 – "photoshopped" photo posts 20 – "serials" 23 – miscellaneous 450 – Pet photos."
- "You know, Melissa, I’d completely forgotten about the 20 or so food posts that WT has done. Shall we call this 21? Except it’s really a hybrid post, a noxious hybrid of bragging and food."
- "Melissa, you’re absolutely right, let me recalculate: 2 – of your naked body and creamy white thighs,
5 – "photoshopped" photo posts, 20 – "serials", 23 – miscellaneous, 100 – complaints about not winning awards/winning awards, 350 – Pet photos."
- "Melissa, slight modification; A post that tries to hook readers by promising content, while delivering none. With optional media to add to the illusion of content. (Now with more self-promotion.): 2"
- "Melissa, I didn’t comment last night because really, there’s nothing to comment on. Look at this post. It’s a prequel to a serial. He’s simply telling us he’s going to write posts about meeting, screwing, and marrying his wife. What is that? I don’t even know how to class that one in our WT post counting system. This may be a whole new area."
- "Melissa, I think this one goes down in the "desperate for content," and "stringing readers on for a serial," categories. There’s no disrespect in being desperate for content, WT, we’ve all been there, right Melissa? You ought to know better than to string your readers on for that serial you promised last week though."
- "I’m trying to remember what blogger it was that used to whine and complain about not getting any awards. Now I can’t count all of them on both hands. They do say that the squeaky wheel gets the oil."
- "… perform a pap smear"
- "You know how I know you’re gay? Three hundred and Fifty-three (353) pet photo posts"
- "It comes as little surprise that Willowtree LOVES a musician named Dickey Betts, but doesn’t appreciate things like soap, or treasured items like dog teeth. Big Surprise. Do I even need to say it?"
- "You’ve got to be kidding. You ridicule me on my blog for writing about a "scratch" whereas you are so desperate for content you blog about the exact same thing two days in a row? Really? Melissa, this one goes in the same categories as yesterday as well as pet photo post. I’ll be back next week when you’ve got some new, original content. Did I say next week? Next month. How’s that Serial coming?"
- "*looking to Melissa* Pet Post? Close enough for me. 361."
- "Melissa, that’s perfect. We’ll count this as 1 of many to come."
So there you have it, just a small sampling of DUM’s unwavering support for me as a fellow blogger. If you are confused as to why he addressed so many of his comments to someone who’s blog this isn’t, then join the queue. And as with last months award, I didn’t go back looking for the worst
of the worst, these were just the ones at the top of the list after I
sorted it by name.
If you think I harbour a grudge against DUM then you are 100% correct, but not because of his comments, which I actually find very clever and often quite humourous (although always obnoxious). No, I hate him because he stole the love of my life right from under my nose! (although what she was going on my top lip I’ll never know)
Congratulations Mark, I hope you and your Dingo are very happy together.
PS. For those who don’t know him, Mark is a really good guy who is just having some fun, but now it’s my turn.
Oh, I almost forgot! Mark, here’s a nice photo for you to put on your wall somewhere…
Filed under: Awards |