Hot on the heels of doing something I try to steer clear of (blogging about blogging), I’m now doing something else I haven’t done since NahBloMe, and that’s posting on a Sunday. The reason I’m posting today is to say that the next time I write a well thought out, incisive post, I’m turning the comments off!. Your comments made my writing look childish! Each one could have been a post in it’s own write (yeah I know it should be ‘right’, but it’s a pun, dummy!)
So, if you haven’t already done so, read the comments from yesterday, you’ll be well rewarded (giving credit to others is something else I rarely do). And for the record, Lene added the following, which I’m including because I thought of them all (except the last one) after I turned the computer off:
- The first time someone sends you something
- The first time you send a blog friend something
- The first time you dream of a blogger
- You talk in “real life” about a blogger as if they were a “real life” friend,
often followed by:
- The first time you have someone less techy or unfamiliar with blogs look at you as if you’re a pathetic nerd for thinking your internet friend is a real friend.
And just so we don’t get too cerebral about it all…
**Updated: I just changed the title (I like this one better), so I thought while I’m here why not add a few more:
- The first time you unintentionally offend someone (or in my case, intentionally).
- The first poison pen email you get.
- When you realise you’re suffering from commenting burn-out so you cut back on commenting.
- You discover the consequences of cutting back on commenting.
- The realisation you’re addicted to feedback.
- Your first grovelling post pleading for comments.
- Meeting a fellow blogger in person.
- Your first marriage proposal.