Well that’s it, thanks everyone for all your compliments. There’s just one thing that I want to make clear before I answer (if I can) a few questions. Several of you have expressed the fear that your life is boring compared to mine, or just plain boring. Read my lips..’Your lives are not boring’. I don’t say this to make anyone feel better, I say it because it’s a fact and I believe it. It only seems boring to you because you are living it and you know the full story.
Just stop for a second and ask yourself “when was the last I time was able to spend all day watching TV because I had nothing to do?” That’s closer to the definition of boredom. You need to be careful not to confuse a boring life with one that doesn’t have an exotic backdrop. The only difference between our lives is that my stage scenery is a bit more colourful, but ultimately the script doesn’t vary that much between us all. You’re born, you leave the nest, you make a life then you die.
1. How long ago was this? I’ve lived here for 3 years.
2. Don’t you miss the spoonin? Even when we sleep in the same bed we don’t spoon, never have.
3. Don’t you miss morning coffee on the patio – no words- just company? MDW doesn’t drink coffee.
4. Don’t you miss someone to tell you to take out the garbage? NO.
5. How difficult is the cost of two households? It’s not too bad. As this house is in regional Australia the rates (what you call taxes) are very cheap, I don’t pay for water, sewerage or garbage because there isn’t any. We own this one and only have a fairly small mortgage on the Coast house (and we have enough money in the bank to pay it out if we want to).
6. Don’t you worry that someone might sweep her off her feet? She is gorgeous. No I don’t and yes she is.
7. Did YDW just say Okay? Yes, she had to be on board because everything we own is in joint names. She’s used to my hairbrained schemes, I’ve come home with sailing boats more than once.
8. How often do you guys get to see each other? Usually every two or three months, but sometimes it can be every week. It depends on her schedule, she speaks at conferences all around Australia and overseas, last Feb she spoke at one in Vancouver.
9. Are you guys on the phone with each other a lot? We speak every few days. She gets home so late after a day of intense human interaction that she doesn’t have much left in the tank. If we need to talk we do.
Filed under: Serials |